10:10-11:40am EST Session 1 "Unsettled Times in the Everyday"
Discussant: Iddo Tavory, New York University
- Elena Ayala-Hurtado, Harvard University - “This Isn’t Quite What I Expected:” Insecurity and Young College Graduates in Spain and the United States
- Ioana Sendroiu, Harvard University - Among Crises: Making Sense of COVID-19
- Paige Sweet, University of Michigan - Domestic Violence and the Long Crisis of Systems Involvement
11:40am-12:10pm EST Break
12:10-1:55pm EST Session 2 "The Broader Scope of Unsettled Times"
Discussant: Ari Adut, University of Texas, Austin
- Paul DiMaggio, New York University - Unsettled Times: A Review and Agenda
- Yuval Feinstein, University of Haifa/Harvard University - The Emergence and Consequences of Nation-Disrupting Events
- Morten Frederiksen, Aalborg University/Harvard University - Unsettled Times as Unsettled Time: Action Strategies, Institutional Breakdown and the Re-emergence of Uncertainty in Times of Crisis
- Thijs van Dooremalen, Harvard University - Limited Paths of Eventful Change: Reflections on the Case of 9/11 in the United States, France, and the Netherlands
1:55-2:05pm EST Break
For more information, please email the event organizers Ioana Sendroiu, Thijs van Dooremalen or Yuval Feinstein.